Monday, September 21, 2009

Tranquility at 4:00 a.m.

At 3:30am this morning Reagan did her usual “mom get up and feed me”. After she finished her bottle and fell asleep, I laid back in my bed. I also wanted to go right back to sleep. However, today, I changed my mind. Lately I’ve been trying to figure out a way to drop these 10 extra pregnancy pounds so I, somehow, motive myself to go to the gym- at 4:00am! It sounded very painful at the time and, quite frankly, insane. But it turned out to be complete serenity and a serious battery charger.
My workout at the gym was great, refreshing, energizing, etc, etc, etc- but it was the time I got to myself upon returning home that was awesome! I walked into the house- SILENCE!!!!! Everyone was still asleep. I took my shoes off- went into the kitchen and made myself breakfast- uninterrupted. I sat at the dining table and, as I ate my breakfast, I thought I’d turn on some tunes. I enjoyed my breakfast with the likes of Simon and Garfunkel, Neil Diamond, the Beatles, Lionel Richie and other classics. Expecting my time was going to be up soon, I looked at the clock, only to find I likely had a whole 45 minutes left!
I moved to the couch and turned on the television. No Barney and Friends, no Special Agent Oso… no football, no car repair shows that usually take over my television. This morning---- it was all about my long overdue Greys Anatomy episodes! Rerun- but that’s ok- so I moved to some magazine time and dove into some Parenting magazines I received from the group exchange last week. It didn’t matter what I read, but more, that I could take my time and just enjoy!
Well, it wasn’t going to last forever-at 7:00 am the family came down and our day began. Back to rushed meals, 2 minutes showers, on-call mom, preparing lunches, tackling a to-do list (with high hopes of getting at least 2 tasks done), walking dog, laundry etc, etc. But those special three hours were mine/just for me—and so worth the pain of getting up before the sun came up.
I can’t promise I will do it again tomorrow, because right now, I am exhausted from being awake for 18 hours. But I will be doing this on a more frequent basis- for my sanity and in efforts to, once and for all, loose these preggers lbs.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how motivated you are! When Madie gets up in bed with me in the middle of the night I just throw her in bed with me and feed her! Good for you Stephanie! You'll lose those last few pregnancy pounds before me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It can often become overwhelming and the time for yourself is seriously a must to keep the vessel running smoothly!

    ReplyDelete