Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Drive

Yesterday we did our third long drive with Brett. It was a 368 mile drive to visit her grandparents.

We had done this drive previously but she was much smaller and slept most of the drive. As we prepared for the trip I was nervous that, being the crawler that she is now, she wouldn't want to be in a car seat for 6 hours.

I was right. We took off in the morning at about the time she would be taking her morning nap. She slept for 45 minutes (the normal length of her morning nap). When she awoke we drove a bit longer and stopped to feed her and change her diaper.

Back in the car after a 40 minute stop she was not too happy. I sat in the backseat with her and did my best to entertain. I used Cheerios, books, songs from Gymboree, straws.

The item that save the day however was the Munchkin mesh food teether. I pulled an ice cube out of the cooler and put it inside. She was hesitant at first but then began to chew away. This was our life saver!!!




I fed her sweet potatoes and a bottle and she went back to sleep- for 2 hours! We pushed through, even though I really had to pee. She woke up when we had 70 miles to go but she wasn't crying so we forged ahead.

We made it in just under for 6 hours with only one stop. A fairly successful journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment