Sunday, September 20, 2009

Horror Movie Moment

The other night I woke up around 2:30am to go to the bathroom. I am always so mad when I wake up if Brett is sleeping through. So, I'm laying there in bed about to go back to sleep and, from the monitor right next to my head (sitting on the table) I hear a frightening thing.

The words "Peek a-boo I see you" comes through the monitor in an adult sing-songy voice. My heart begins to pound. I'm laying there perfectly still wondering if I had just had a weird dream. My husband is sound asleep next to me and clearly hadn't heard anything. Was I hearing things?

A few more seconds go by and, again, "Peek a-boo I see you" comes through the monitor! I'm thinking, is there a person in there with a toy trying to entertain my daughter? Is there a ghost in there activating something? I had obviously watched one too many Ghosthunter episodes as a dozen strange explanations run through my head.

I got out of bed and began to creep towards Brett's bedroom. I peek in to see that no one is in there. I do see, however, that she is squirming in her bed. One more time, the "Peek a-boo I see you" words are spoken. I see that she has wiggled her way to the top of her crib and her head is pressing against a mirror that I have hanging in her bed! I had NO idea that it made any noise what-so-ever, but it obviously 'speaks' when it is pressed.

I was up for almost two hours from adrenaline! I took the mirror out of the crib that night and it is going in the donation pile. My next baby will have a different mirror in his or her bed!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Nothing like a twilight moment to keep you up in the middle of the night. We have the same Bright Starts mirror in Noelani's crib. I didn't know it made that sound until I heard Keegan playing with it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Holly... that is hilarious! And horrifying! Haha. It is seriously one of my worst fears that I'll hear a voice coming through the monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I think I would have crapped my pants! You totally have every right to be freaked and spooked1 I think I would put it in the donation pile too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! My heart was pounding just reading this!!! I too would have been petrified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed you didn't wake up your husband to go check Brett's room with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete