Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quick Thinking Mommy

I'm sitting here at home enjoying a beer (to help with my milk production, obviously) while my husband is at a business dinner and Brett is fast asleep and I thought I had to share this story that I thought was proof of how a mom can think so quick-on-her-feet!

I had a meeting for the Tinkerbell Guild tonight. The Guild is a volunteer organization of women committed to raising funds to support the growth and development of Children's Hospital Orange County and CHOC at Mission. Check it out at: http://www.tinkerbellguild.com/

Anyhow, I had to bring Brett with me because, as I stated above, my husband had a last minute business dinner come up and my other babysitters (Grandma and Grandpa) were busy. So, Brett did a great job 'entertaining' the group of girls as she crawled, pulled herself up, babbled, etc.

At the end of the meeting I was talking to another mom when Brett spit-up a nice, chunky spit-up that went down her dress, on my shirt and onto the tile floor. I'm looking from her, to me, to the floor, to my purse... I had only brought in my purse, which was loaded with the essentials for a one-hour meeting: rattle, teether, bottle. I had not, of course, brought a burp cloth!

So, in the quick thinking way that only moms can think- I reached down my tank top, pulled out a breast pad and wiped off my top, Brett's dress and then the floor! I walked over to the garbage bin and threw it away. Done and done!

It's amazing what we come up with...

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I've been known to use a sock or two =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - I've also used socks and on one occassion a diaper to wipe up as it was the only thing I had on me! Like the breast pad idea though although have stopped wearing them as often as my milk has regulated.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete