Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fat Jeans

Today I fit into my fat jeans! No, not the ones that were always one size too big but my actual roomy, my-(pre-pregnancy) size jeans. I'm not saying they look great. I'm not saying they feel great either. BUT THEY FIT. Hooray!

I was one of those people who always ate whatever I wanted and exercised almost every day and didn't really think much about it. I am vegetarian and a generally healthy eater, but never worried much about extra fat or calories.

Then, I became one of those pregnant women who gained one pound a week. It didn't matter what I ate. I didn't matter which trimester. I craved fresh fruit and veggies and never really wanted chocolate, cakes, or ice cream. And I still gained a pound every single week.

Now, I am one of those moms who really wants to exercise every day but has absolutely no time for it. Between working from the office, working from home, seeing family and friends, and --oh yeah!-- enjoying my 4 month old, I'm lucky if I get a shower in (and I definitely don't wash my hair more than a couple times a week). And did I mention that in spite of exercising only a couple times a week, I'm still eating whatever I want? So it is with joy indeed that I share the news that my fat jeans fit. Maybe I won't have to buy a whole new wardrobe after all. Of course, my tops are still hopeless. But exercise won't help with that....

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! We are all celebrating with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Such a good feeling. Im laughing about the hopeless shirts- totally agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've not met yet, Meera, but I think we'll get along great because we have A LOT in common. I exercised, ate healthy, and still gained a pound a week... plus 10. (Ha!) Congratulations! I know how hard this is!! :)

    ReplyDelete