Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shrinking boobs

I am happy to report that I have on a shirt today that I have not worn since pre-pregnancy. I have tried many times this summer to get it on, and it as only resulted in what I call a clothes tantrum. This morning I realized that my milk supply is going down because Madie is eating more and more solid food. With that comes the good news of my boobs shrinking and old favorite clothes fitting once again. But it also makes me sad. I have truly loved nursing Madie and the closeness we have because of it. It is a bond between me and her that no one else has. All the people weren't joking when they said enjoy your time with them when they are small because they aren't small for long. It's like a blink of an eye, and suddenly she is almost 8 months old. She is not solely dependent on me for food, she eats food now. Where as before I was loving each new thing she did. I could not wait for her to get older and learn new things. Soddenly, I want it all to stop and to keep her little for longer. I don't want to give up that time between her and I. But I know deep down that I will have to and to prepare myself for when she turns one in a little over 4 months and I stop nursing her and she continues to grow up!

3 comments:

  1. Reading this actually made me tear up thinking about how fast our little ones are growing. No matter how much people warn you, you truly can't imagine how fast the time really flies until you live it! It's so true what you said about wanting them to reach new milestones and being excited when they can do new things, but then realizing that with each step forward they lose a little bit of their babyhood. It is definitely an amazing and emotional journey!

    I didn't think a post titled "Shrinking Boobs" would make me so sentimental. Haha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this made me get all choked up too. Thank you so much for this post. You helped remind me to not take these early, precious moments for granted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the EXACT same sentiment. I've been wanting to stop time since Ava was 2 weeks old. It hasn't worked so far. :(

    And, "clothes tantrum"... you just coined my favorite phrase

    ReplyDelete