Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Travel Debate


After mulling this over with my husband and parents I have decided NOT to go to New York. It is such an internal struggle for me. So often I feel trapped (sorry to say) by motherhood and I just want to get away and go do something for myself. Then, when the situation presented itself, I couldn't bring myself to leave her. Just thinking about it made my stomach tie itself in knots. A Saturday-Tuesday trip was just too long.

So, we have decided to have a Date Weekend and leave Brett with my parents for two nights. This is a small step from the one night we left her with them, but isn't the three nights away that the NYC trip would've been. Plus, I am nearby should there be a problem (I know there won't be a problem). So, my hubby and I will be going to dropping Brett off on Friday late afternoon and picking her up on Sunday in the late morning. We will be going to Disneyland on Friday night and then a wedding on Saturday night. We are going to stay in a hotel on Saturday night so it is more of a 'getaway.'

The crazy thing is, I woke up last night and couldn't sleep. I was thinking about everything that could go wrong with Brett at my parents house. The main thing I think of is her crawling out of the sliding door and falling in the pool. I'm sure this would never actually happen but I just can't stop worrying about it.

Well, hopefully I will let myself relax enough to have an enjoyable weekend. I'm sure a glass of wine or two will help calm me down...

2 comments:

  1. Your parents I am sure would never let anything like that happen! For extra precaution have them put the pack and play or crib in there room. Then any noise Brett makes they will hear. Or bring your monitors over to there house. I am sure the wine will help too! It will lighten the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe- great compromise! Have a wonderful time--

    ReplyDelete