Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sleeping

When we brought Madie home from the hospital she was a great sleeper. She would sleep in 4-6 hours stretches when most babies would only do 2. She slept in our room for the first 4.5 months in her bassinet. I remember the night we transferred her to her crib I spent half the night on the floor in her room because I thought she was going to have trouble sleeping in a new bed. She did not. She woke up her usual one time a night. Then after that, after about 2 weeks. She started sleeping through the night. She slept great through the night with out missing a beat until she was 7 months old. Then for the past month she has been up once or twice or even three times a night to eat. She won't have anything to do with rocking, and frankly I don't either at 3:30 in the morning. So I bring her back in bed with us and I nurse her until she falls asleep again and then I transfer her back to her bed. Sometimes if I am lucky she will sleep through the rest of the night. But most of the time she is up at least once more. I was so proud to tell people she was a great sleeper. Now it looks like my months of bragging have caught up with me. Every night we tell her to be a big girl and sleep through the night. It is like her way of mocking us at 8 months old. Nope not going to do it tonight guys! I love my little girl so much, but all I want for Christmas this year is my sleep back!

1 comment:

  1. Awww- the never-ending sleep battle.. I feel your pain. Since birth, Reagan has never slept more than a 6 hour stretch at night. I can't remember what 8 hours is like.. It's so far from my memory

    ReplyDelete