Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dirty Stories

Well, it seems I just can't help but share the ickiness of mommyhood.

In the last week, Brett has been spitting up- A LOT. I'm not sure why but she doesn't really seem sick. Anyhow, I was nursing her in the morning (I only nurse morning and night now) and she always unlatches and starts crawling around. I was only wearing my robe because I had just showered. She crawls up onto my tummy and BLAH - she spits up right into my belly button! Yuck!

Brett also isn't sleeping well at all. She seems to half-wake up in the middle of the night and cry. This can happen a few times a night. We, many times, bring her into bed with us so that we can get some sleep. Rubbing her back seems to help calm her down. Anyhow, she is very restless and rolls back and forth between my husband and I. She hits her head on the headboard and sometimes even lays horizontally between us. So, that is where this story goes. She is rolling around and ends up horizontally between the two of us. Her head is by my body and her feet are by my husband. My husband, the cuddly guy that he is, moves closer to her and cuddles in. It is at that moment, as her little toosh is near his head, she lets out a huge fart! My husband and I, totally sleep deprived, start hysterically laughing! But, we are doing it as quietly as possible because we don't want to wake her up. So, that was a funny, delirious, moment for us.

Last icky story, again, I'm breastfeeding Brett. This time it was the afternoon because she was fussy and needed a nap. As usual, she unlatches and sits up and then crawls up onto me. I think that maybe she is jiggling the food around to quickly after eating. Anyhow, here we go, she is now standing up and holding onto my hair and BLAH- she spits up into my hair! Yuck! So, I had to take a shower. So gross.

I'm not sure how long this spitting up will last. We have two weeks until her 9-month appointment (I know, can you believe that she is 9-months already?) so we'll get to the bottom of it hopefully.

I think it is funny that, once you are a mom, getting pooped on, farted on or puked on isn't as bad as you might have once thought it would be!

1 comment: