Thursday, August 27, 2009

Girls Night Out

Tonight, as I sat with a bunch of other new mommies around the dinner table, I realized how important it is to take time for yourself. I noticed that some, not all, were checking phones to see if any texts or calls were coming in from the daddies at home. I didn't check my phone once. I felt confident that my husband could handle Brett (especially since he was with my parents for most of the night). All daddies, except one, seemed to manage through the dinner and we had an enjoyable night.

I got home to a sleeping baby and a tired daddy and I feel completely refreshed. It was so nice to get out and talk with other women (though we did talk mostly about our labors and our babies) and have an uninterrupted dinner.

Here's to more Moms Nights Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment