Monday, July 6, 2009

Sweet Smells

Brett woke up in the middle of the night last night (I will blog about sleeping soon) and I brought her into my room to nurse her. I started smelling maple syrup. I thought that seemed strange. I put her back to bed and then googled 'baby smells like syrup' and to my surprise there are a couple of causes. One is the Fenugreek (which I am taking to help stimulate my milk) but it can also be a sign of diabetes or something called Maple Syrup Urine Syndrome. So... I'm going to monitor the situation today and decide if I need to call the doctor.

3 comments:

  1. It's the fenugreek. :)

    It made me and Jackson smell like syrup, and it also made me crave pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were able to get some answers today to help put your mind at ease. I'm praying for you guys and wishing the best for you and baby Brett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well. Keep us posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete