Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who Knew?

So today is London's 10 month birthday and I can't believe my little baby, born early through c-section and lost a pound in the hospital, is now a 22 pound, 30" tall soon to be toddler! Boy does time go by fast when you have a baby and you are enjoying everyday of their little life. It's been great to stay home with him and encourage his development, watch him learn and discover new things, watch him change and show his little personality. How great being a mom really is! I can't describe in words how seriously fortunate I am!

I always knew being a mom was the one job I always wanted, the job I was destined to have and it really was.... I knew it would change me but I didn't know how much. I'm a different person now- things that concerned me before I want nothing to do with now and those things I never thought would be important to me are! Who knew?

Who knew my life would seriously change so much- that staying at home everyday talking to a baby could be completely fulfilling. Who knew? And who knew I would be happy cleaning the bathroom on a Saturday night so my son could take his first bath in the big tub instead of going out partying or hanging out with friends! That a walk at the mall with other moms and their children would be the highlight of my week! Who knew? I never thought I would be so happy just taking care of and loving this little man I call my son!

I feel so complete while I lay next to him sleeping, looking so angelic with his little lips puckered and face so sweet! I always knew I would be a mom, that it was the one goal I was determined to achieve. I knew it would make me happy, I knew it would be awesome, fun, and fulfilling. But I never knew how much it would really mean to me, how incredible it truly was. I never knew how emotional I would get looking back at his short but amazing life so far. And I never knew what a blessing your own child really is to you! That this precious little being could fill my heart with such love and happiness that I have never experienced before! It's simply amazing! London is my everything and I love him more then life itself! Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way, and for me it has only just begun!

    ReplyDelete