Monday, February 8, 2010

Lost Items

I am constantly finding items that I have "lost" in places I certainly wouldn't have put them. Now that Brett is walking she can easily pick something up and walk with it. I have found the Desitin in the hallway, a shoe in the kitchen, etc. Most recently, I found a wooden salad fork server in my closet, under some of my shoes!

One of Brett's favorite things to do is take things out of where they are nicely stacked. If I let her walk around in a store she will find shirts stacked on a shelf and QUICKLY remove them all and throw them on the floor. Her favorite thing to do at home is go to her changing table where all of her diapers and neatly stacked in a diaper organizer and throw them on the floor. Other times she goes to her dirty clothes hamper and removes the clothing. Sometimes though she takes the diapers from the diaper organizer and walks to the hamper and puts the diapers in the hamper. Usually I am there when she does this and, when she is distracted, I remove them from the hamper.

Well, last night I was doing her laundry. As I was putting her clothes in the washing machine I found a diaper. Phew- close call, I thought to myself. Ha! When the load was done I was putting the items in the dryer. I noticed that there seemed to be some paper or something in the washing machine. Then, low and behold, I found a diaper! Yep, I had missed one. It was quite 'full' but seemed to handle the wash well, minus few pieces that had torn off.

I can guarantee that I will take a better look through the hamper next time for any items that shouldn't be there!

2 comments:

  1. Madie does this too! She goes to her bottom drawer and pulls all the clothes out and then to her book shelf and pulls all of the books out, then to her stuffed animals and one by one they go too! Hey, it keeps her entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better not make washing diapers a habit... it could get expensive! :)

    ReplyDelete