Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hobbies

Before, Madie was born I used to love to go ride bikes, play tennis, and scrapbook. Those were just a few of my hobbies. My Saturday mornings were spent at the gym or outside.

Today while I was in the shower and Mike was finishing getting ready to play golf I realized that those things I once called hobbies I no longer do! My hobbies now are taking care of Madison and going to playdates and Gymboree and swim lessons. Things that revolve around Madie! When I do manage to get some time away. It is mostly a date with my husband a movie and dinner and or a Mom's Night out with all of my mommy friends. Or I guess now time by myself is even sneaking down to the market f0r 15 minutes to pick up something we need for dinner. While Mike watches Madie! I can't tell you the last time a whole afternoon was devoted to me and doing something I used to love to do!

Don't get me wrong I love staying home with Madie and it is the best most rewarding full time job there is! But every once and awhile I would just like 5 hours to go and cruise the mall, finish up a scrapbook, or start a scrapbook on a vacation we took last summer! The time it takes to play 18 holes of golf, err well I guess it's 19 holes including the bar! Just a little time for me!

3 comments:

  1. And it will never again be "time for you," because even when you're not with them, you're still thinking about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my husband and I were just discussing this yesterday. I don't do anything for myself anymore. I haven't even had a pedicure since December! I, too, am so happy to care for Brett everyday but I need some me-time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Discuss about this. You should have some time for yourself. All the best from Swim Lessons

    ReplyDelete