Monday, November 23, 2009

Thank you!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I’d like to express how thankful I am to have joined such a wonderful group of women/moms and a huge thanks to Holly for starting this group and managing a social calendar for 100+ people. When I first joined, I was really nervous. I consider myself an introvert and meeting new people isn’t always the most comfortable thing for me. But I really wanted to give my daughter the best childhood I could. And that involved developing friendships and social skills early in her development.
I never imagined that, out of this group, I would also develop some wonderful friendships of my own. My husband has met a few of my friends in the group and their husbands and, every time, he comments on what a wonderful group of friends both Reagan and I have. And even better, he gets along great with many of the dads.
When Reagan was born, Brad and I were worried that we did not have friends with kids. Knowing we may grow apart from some friends because our lives were going to change so much, we realized it was important that we venture out into the “family world”. Holly, you have given us the platform to meet such wonderful families and I can’t thank you enough for that. I know you started this group to meet friends yourself, but in doing that, you’ve allowed 100 other mom’s to make their own friendships. That is seriously such a wonderful, priceless gift- and a lifetime gift I might add.
It’s my hope that our friendships continue through the years as our kids grow. Having friends to share experiences with, joys with, heartbreaks with etc., is priceless. For those of you I have gotten to know well, thank you for being such a wonderful part of Reagan’s first year in this world and my first year as a mom (some of you have saved me a few times ..lol). For those I haven’t had a chance to meet or get to know yet- I’m very much looking forward to it.

11 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly! I am so thankful for all of our wonderful new friends - I can't imagine a better group of women to share this amazing experience with. THANK YOU to Holly for making it all possible!

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sentimental! But I couldn't agree more!! You all are a wonderful bunch of girls and I'm so glad that I've been able to meet you. Ditto on doing a wonderful job, Holly. But, Steph, you are NOT an introvert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree more! As I picked up our holiday cards today, i realized I have so many more to send out this year, because of all the wonderful friends I have made from this group! Thanks to all for the friendships formed and for Holly for starting this group

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love this post, Steph! I feel exactly the same way, and am so thankful for all the wonderful new friends Owen and I have made. It's just awesome to share the journey of motherhood with such an amazing group of women! Holly - we can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, Mollie I thought the same thing - Steph, you aren't an introvert!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, maybe Im a "half"y! =)
    Happy Holidays Everyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree. This group has been a life saver for me, with no friends and family close by I really struggled to even get out of the house some days, but now Oliver and I have such a busy social schedule!
    I also struggle with meeting new people and making friends, but it is great to find a group where this has been a lot easier for me. And it is great that the Dads can also join in sometimes and get to know the other Mommies and Daddies around. My Mum commented today that she thought I'd found a wonderful group of people here.
    Holly - thank you so much, I don't think you realize just how many of use you have helped - or should that be helped stay sane!!!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh Steph...this was really a wonderful post. I too am so thankful for this group. I have meet so many amazing people. Holly - THANK YOU for starting such a wonderful group!!!!

    Happy Holidays:)

    Beth & Colin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with all of you...really grateful to Holly for setting up this group. It has been nothing short of a life saver. I struggled with the baby blues when I had Noelani and thankfully this group has helped me tremendously through it. If it weren't for this group I'd be stuck at home all the time and wouldn't have made such amazing friendships. I'm thankful for everyone in this group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girls- thank you all for your kind comments. I'm glad to hear that it has been beneficial for more then just me! =) I am so happy to have met all of you and hope that our little ones get to grow up being friends. What a story to be able to tell - that their moms had all been friends since they were newborns!

    ReplyDelete