Friday, November 27, 2009

The Return on Aunt Flow

Well, after 38 weeks of pregnancy and and 10 months of breastfeeding my period has returned! Let me say that I DID NOT miss it one bit! Wow, what a shock it was to start getting cramps and then have to deal with the period for four days. I stopped breastfeeding 2 weeks ago, so I hear that this is about the right timeframe to have your period return.

I guess these are the only few days where my breasts are mine. Funny, I know, but think about it. During most of my pregnancy my breasts were growing, and often times sore. After the birth of my daughter, my breasts were there for one purpose and one purpose only- to nourish my daughter. Now, my husband is expecting them to be 'his' again, but for now, they are still mine...

3 comments:

  1. I got mine 4 months ago and I am still breastfeeding! So consider yourself lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... it sounds like it's time for #2! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Becks, you're one of the lucky ones! I started mine after Noe turned 3 months. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete