Thursday, January 7, 2010

The one thing in common

I had a hair appointment today. I had not gotten much sleep so someone else playing with my hair and the peacefulness was making me quite sleepy. So needless to say, I did not have much to say! Then she asked me if I was tired, and I said yes my daughter had gotten up at 5:45 and would not go back to sleep! She laughed and asked me how old my daughter was and then told me all about her daughter. We talked for the next hour as she did my hair about our daughters. It made the time go by so much faster than reading a magazine about the Gosselin's or Angelina Jolie! As I walked out, she told me hopefully you will get more sleep tonight! I laughed and smiled and said, "I hope!" When I was sitting in my car it made me realize how many times there has been silence some where and then Madie will smile or greet the room with her "Hi!" and conversation starts. Whether it is about her or someone else's child or grandchild. They always break the ice for you. Yesterday, at Kohl's Madie had the three people in front of us smiling because she was smiling and babbling to them. It has just made me think most women and even most men at one point in there lives have children. it's one thing everyone or most everyone can relate to! Everyone loves to share stories of their own children as we do of ours! So I guess I should offer my daughter a thank you and tell her thanks for making standing in line where ever I drag you to a little more bearable and a little more fun!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Reagan makes friends with everyone at the grocery store. I end up talking to people I normally wouldn't because Reagan seems to always start the conversation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! And look how many new friends they've made us (i.e. all of you!) :)

    ReplyDelete