Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Last Year

Madison is about to turn one next month and mike and I have been talking about how kids really do change your life! For example, our Netflix movie which we used to love to watch on the couch after a long day of work on a Friday night, had fallen into Madison's toy box with out realizing it. Madison pulled it out, and I thought to myself wow when did we get that. We had had it since November 30th! Over a month had gone by and we had not watched it. It used to be those things would not last a week in our house. I wonder how long it would have sat there unless Madie had found it! Another one, our living room furniture. We have a small condo so our main living space is the living room. Which is now Madison's playroom. I think every time Madison gets a new big toy another piece of furniture leaves the room to make room for her toys!It used to be mostly our stuff with the swing and the pack and play. She grew out of those and then the toys came and slowly took over our living room! Here's a great one, last night we had a date night. We went and saw a movie and had a nice dinner. Between my mother and law calling and us calling, the night still revolved around Madison! We took a small trip to Vegas last month and decided to bring Madie along . The once 4 hour drive out there took 7 hours so Madison could get out of the car and you know see us for awhile and get some fresh air!

I love my life now and would not change it for a million dollars! I love staying home with her and taking care of her. It is really just amazing how your life in every area really gets changed forever! But do I care when the last time I watched a Netflix movie was or do I care how many toys are in my living room? Nope, not one bit because this has been an awesome year!

No comments:

Post a Comment