Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Its just one of those days....

Long nights of breastfeeding and soothing a cranky teething baby, wait, toddler has really got me down in the dumps. I think its just going to be one of those days. Those days when night just becomes morning and you give up trying to get them back to bed and give in to the daylight.

After one of these nights I spent a better portion of the morning trying to wrangle Odesa into a new diaper. I finally got the old one off & after 15 minutes of wrestling gave up on getting the new one on, it was time for a break-before one of us lost it. I left her in the play room (which is attached to the kitchen) to get a glass of orange juice. I was gone less than a minute and returned to find a pile of poop but no Odesa! I immediately paniked-where could she have gone, there is no way she could have climbed over the gate to go upstairs could she! Then I see it- a trail of poop & little wet pee foot prints going to the kitchen. Somehow she managed to silently follow me to the kitchen & there she was, on the kitchen rug- torso, legs and feet covered in poo. While I am grabbing my daughter I realize I left our french bulldog in the playroom-with the poo! I carry my 23 pound daughter in one arm and the 22 pound dog in the other, at this point all 3 of us now need a shower. Half way up the stairs the doorbell rings, I ignore it, I'm not expecting anyone & I am not in any shape to talk to whatever door to door salesperson is out there. I get to the bathroom & turn the bath on, as I head to Odesa's room to get us all undressed I hear the doorbell ring again. I look out the window & there is a dish network van parked out front. OMG I have totally forgotten the cable guy was coming this morning! I quickly grab Odesa, leave the dog locked in her room & run to the door before he leaves. Forgetting there is pee & poo all over the floors downstairs I slip & go down hard but luckily save Odesa from any injury. I grab some towels from the laundry room & quickly throw them over the messy areas. I let in the cable guy and mutter some apologies as I attempt to clean up the mess downstairs before he realizes it's poop. Finally-the floors are clean, Odesa is happy and the cable guy is doing his thing. Now time for her bath-OMG I left the water running upstairs! I get to the bath tub just in time to stop the flood. After some drying & draining we are in the tub & clean as a whistle. Off to her room to get her dressed & restart our day. I open her door & there is my poor french bulldog laying in the middle of Odesa's room, she has rolled & jumped around & now Odesa's room is covered in poo. Oie! Yup, its now officially one of those days!

3 comments:

  1. What a truly awful day. You are a champ for hanging in there. The fact that I know you can do make it through this day gives me hope. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- how many of these days will each of us have over the next few years? It sounds like you handled it magnificently! Great job handling a crazy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I hope that was the end of it and rest of your day was much better!

    ReplyDelete