Thursday, March 11, 2010

Letting go

Madison has just recently turned 13 months and with that in the last month she has also started walking, everywhere. At first she just started out walking between me and my husband and then she got braver and learned to turn she would go to something in between us. Then we found her getting braver and braver, taking steps on her own. But with all of this I have learned she wnats her independence. She wants to be free to roam around the house and do as she pleases!

I have learned I have to accept the fact she is not a teeny tiny baby anymore. One that I can just cuddle and hold all day long. That's about the last thing she wants right now! Mike, my husband said to me last night, " Cut, the strings and let her go!" Meaning let her do her own thing. if she falls let her get herself back up. Let her be independent!

Boy, am I having a hard time with that! As much as i want her to grow up and turn into a independent lady of her own. I also want to hold her back and keep her little forever. So I am slowly letting her free and letting her roam and become the toddler that she is! But it is going to take me sometime before I can officially cut the strings! They are sort of torn and frayed right now!

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to "cut the strings" with James either! I love watching as he grows & learns & continues to develop his personality (good & bad), but I still want him to be my little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard! With B basically running around it is so different now. However, I now love that she walks over to me to give me a hug or to be held. We may only get to cuddle on her terms, but that makes it special in its own way.

    ReplyDelete